Ubiquiti Networks launches the latest generation of airMAX® CPE (Customer Premises Equipment), the NanoBeam® 5AC Gen 2.
Improved Noise Immunity
The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 directs RF energy in a tighter beamwidth. With the focus in one direction, the NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 blocks or spatially filters out noise, so noise immunity is improved. This feature is especially important in an area crowded with other RF signals of the same or similar frequency.
The radio and antenna are combined to create a more efficient and compact CPE. The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 gets maximum gain out of the smallest footprint.
Providing high performance and an innovative form factor, the NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 is versatile and cost‑effective to deploy.
The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 features airMAX ac technology and enhanced protection against ESD events.
Ease of Installation
- Quick Installation No fasteners are required for pole-mounting, and a single wall fastener (not included) is required for wall‑mounting.
- Convenient Alignment The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 pivots on its ball joint 3‑axis mount for easy aiming.
Innovative Mechanical Design
- Efficient Footprint The radio and antenna are combined into a single body that takes up minimal space. The form factor features the highest gain for its size.
- Aesthetics The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 is small enough to blend discreetly into the background at a customer’s location.
- Versatile Mounting The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 can be mounted in almost any position needed for line of sight.
airOS® 8 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti® airMAX ac products.
Powerful Wireless Features
- Access Point PtMP airMAX Mixed Mode
- airMAX ac Protocol Support
- Long-Range Point-to-Point (PtP) Link Mode
- Selectable Channel Width: PtP – 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz / PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz
- Automatic Channel Selection
- Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual
- Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
- Strongest WPA2 Security
- airMagic® Channel Selection Tool
- Redesigned User Interface
- Dynamic Configuration Changes
- Instant Input Validation
- HTML5 Technology
- Optimization for Mobile Devices
- Detailed Device Statistics
- Comprehensive Array of Diagnostic Tools, including RF Diagnostics and airView® Spectrum Analyzer
Advanced RF Analytics
airMAX ac devices feature a multi-radio architecture to power a revolutionary RF analytics engine.
An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which persistently analyzes the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide you with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
airOS 8 displays the following RF information:
- Persistent RF Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) constellation diagrams
- Signal, Noise, and Interference (SNI) diagrams
- Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR) histograms
The NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 integrates a separate Wi-Fi radio for fast and easy setup using your mobile device.
Accessing airOS via Wi-Fi
The UNMS™ app provides instant accessibility to the airOS configuration interface and can be downloaded from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play™ (Android). UNMS allows you to set up, configure, and manage the NanoBeam 5AC Gen 2 and offers various configuration options once you’re connected or logged in.
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This time slot method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency, so airMAX technology provides performance improvements in latency, noise immunity, scalability, and throughput compared to other outdoor systems in its class.
Intelligent QoS Priority assigned to voice/video for seamless streaming.
Scalability High capacity and scalability.
Long Distance Capable of high‑speed, carrier‑class links.
The next‑generation airMAX ac technology boosts the advantages of our proprietary TDMA protocol.
Ubiquiti’s airMAX engine with custom IC dramatically improves TDMA latency and network scalability. The custom silicon provides hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler, to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology.
airMAX ac supports high data rates, which require dense modulation: 256QAM – a significant increase from 64QAM, which is used in airMAX.
With their use of proprietary ariMAX ac technology, airMAX ac products supports up to 450+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput – up to triple the throughput of standard airMAX products.
airView allows you to identify noise signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference. airView performs the following functions:
- Constantly monitors environmental noise
- Collects energy data points in real-time spectral views
- Helps optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performance
airView runs in the background without disabling the wireless link, so there is no disruption to the network.
In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents different data: waveform, waterfall, and ambient noise level.
airView provides powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.
|Dimensions (Mount Included)||189 × 189 × 125 mm (7.44 × 7.44 × 4.92″)|
|Weight (Mount Included)||0.530 kg (1.17 lb)|
|Power Supply||24V, 0.5A Gigabit PoE Adapter (Included)|
|Max. Power Consumption||8.5W|
|Networking Interface||(2) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Ports
Wi-Fi for Management
|Processor Specs||Atheros MIPS 74Kc, 720 MHz|
|Memory||128 MB DDR2, 8 MB Flash|
|LEDs||Power, Ethernet, (4) Signal Strength|
|Signal Strength LEDs||Software-Adjustable to Correspond to Custom RSSI Levels|
|Channel Sizes||PtP Mode – 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
PtMP Mode – 10/20/30/40 MHz
|Enclosure||Outdoor UV Stabilized Plastic|
|Mounting||Pole-Mount (Kit Included), Wall-Mount|
|Wind Loading||45.4 N @ 200 km/h (10.2 lbf @ 125 mph)|
|Wind Survivability||200 km/h (125 mph)|
|ESD/EMP Protection||Air: ± 24 kV, Contact: ± 24 kV|
|Operating Temperature||−40 to 80°C (−40 to 176°F)|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 95% Noncondensing|
|Certifications||CE, FCC, IC|
|Salt Fog Test||IEC 68‑2‑11 (ASTM B117), Equivalent: MIL‑STD‑810 G Method 509.5|
|Vibration Test||IEC 68-2-6|
|Temperature Shock Test||IEC 68-2-14|
|UV Test||IEC 68-2-5 at 40°C (104°F), Equivalent: ETS 300 019-1-4|
|Wind-Driven Rain Test||ETS 300 019‑1‑4, Equivalent: MIL‑STD‑810 G Method 506.5|
|Operating Frequency (MHz)||U-NII-1: 5150 – 5250 / U-NII-2A: 5250 – 5350 MHz / U-NII-2C: 5470 – 5725 MHz / U-NII-3: 5725 – 5850|
|Management Radio (MHz)||2412 – 2462|